.50 Cent Dewalt Sawsall

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
I went out garage/yard sailing yesterday, I bought 2 let me rephrase that I bought 1 and a half Dewalt sawsalls for 50 cents neither in working condition, one was missing the trigger and the other was missing the complete nose cover and blade holder, it was a variable speed model. After a little surgery I came out with a very good working sawsall, I'm missing the set screw to hold the blade so I'm going to Lowes to try and find something.

To bad they don't sell garages at garage sales:)) then we could garage sale to our hearts content.

Good score Charley. A big atta-boy for making it work.

"Billy G"

...oh geez; does that mean you'll be playing RAP music in the shop now?

I am still kicking myself in the rear end over this: Years ago I went to a yard sale. There was a SWIVELING JAW machinist's vise mounted on a crude workbench in a shed. I didn't think it was for sale as it was bolted down. Someone else asked how much was the vise,and got it for $25.00.

Those swiveling jaw vises are very hard to find,and cost a fortune when you do find one. I bought a swivel jaw Starrett vise for the shop at work. It was on sale for several hundred dollars,but retailed for about $1250.00. Good thing it WAS on sale,because the handle was so blasted tight I could barely move it. Turned out the nut inside the vise was installed crooked,IN A STARRETT VISE!! I had to take it out and machine it till it fit properly. What is the matter with Starrett these days?

I have not managed to find a swivel jaw machinist's vise for myself yet. And,I'm not paying that high price(which has probably doubled by now) for a Starrett.

Back