4x6 bandsaw with issues - time to move on?

I’ve been down this road with the harbor freight saws. Finally lucked up and got a great deal on a Enco 7” made in 97. The thing had never been used and I can say, since I’ve had it I have had not 1 issue with it

Thanks for the clarification. On my bandsaw the sideplates on each side of the switch were causing a similar problem. I ground them down with my angle grinder. I also "refined" the corner of the base that might become a problem as well.
Yeah, it's first the corner of my base that is in the way of the guard - so either could be adjusted. But then it's not the sideplates, rather the mounting face that will interefere next.

I have that saw but the only thing stopping a thru cut was the vertical adjustment bolt behind the vice. That thing has been doing yeoman duty for years.
Sounds like you got a better copy than me

Messed with it for a few more hours tonight. Turns out it's not the shims that affected the blade dropping low enough, which leads me to believe the factory had the back bearing guide pressing the blade down. I think this saw needs to find a home with someone who needs a project saw. What do you all think would be a fair price to sell it for?

I see a Jet for sale that has seen relatively light use. Based on what I've read, it sounds like Jet is made in Taiwan, and generally higher quality control (though maybe not great). Do you all think Jet might be a little better build quality?

Messed with it for a few more hours tonight. Turns out it's not the shims that affected the blade dropping low enough, which leads me to believe the factory had the back bearing guide pressing the blade down. I think this saw needs to find a home with someone who needs a project saw. What do you all think would be a fair price to sell it for?

I see a Jet for sale that has seen relatively light use. Based on what I've read, it sounds like Jet is made in Taiwan, and generally higher quality control (though maybe not great). Do you all think Jet might be a little better build quality?
i believe jet would definitely be a better option. If it’s made in Taiwan it’s bound to be a better saw than the chinesium harbor freight saw. The Wnco I was speaking of is a Taiwan version and the build quality is very good on it

The jet maybe the same saw as the Enco I have. There were several names given to that saw. If so, put a Lenox blade on her and don’t look back

i believe jet would definitely be a better option. If it’s made in Taiwan it’s bound to be a better saw than the chinesium harbor freight saw. The Wnco I was speaking of is a Taiwan version and the build quality is very good on it
I am curious if it's China or Taiwan. I think Jet used to be Taiwan, but may have moved to China for some products, more recently? This one is from 2012. There's a lot of mixed information out there on the internet, but seems to be some consistency with some portion of folks stating taiwan products are of better build quality.

HF currently wants about $350 for a new one. I didn't find any comps on the local Craigslist but there were a couple on Facebook Marketplace (local listings only). Both owners were asking $150.

Here's what I did with an extra 4x6

Back