3rd Shift

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Due to the heat I started working 3rd shift in my shop, I've always enjoyed working at night anyhow, less distractions, cooler & I'm more productive. Soon as happy hour is over (2 for1 coffee drinks) I go in all jacked up and raring to go.

even my ac works better at night lol
steve

After a while it starts to wear you down. I did it for 4 years straight. When I would go out with friends on the weekends they would be tired by 1am, but not me. I'm just getting into gear. :) The only part that sucks is when you're about to hit the hay and your neighbor just HAS TO mow his lawn. Seemed to've happen more often than not. Still, I used to love working the C tour.

Due to the heat I started working 3rd shift in my shop, I've always enjoyed working at night anyhow, less distractions, cooler & I'm more productive. Soon as happy hour is over (2 for1 coffee drinks) I go in all jacked up and raring to go.

Charley, I almost called you this morning about 10:30 but decided to be nice.

I once worked second shift and liked it. Got home a little after midnight and watched a little TV to unwind and went to bed. Got up about 9:00 in the morning and had most of the day to play.

Benny

Charley, I almost called you this morning about 10:30 but decided to be nice.

I once worked second shift and liked it. Got home a little after midnight and watched a little TV to unwind and went to bed. Got up about 9:00 in the morning and had most of the day to play.

Benny

That would be ok, but I'd probably return your call at 2:30 am :lmao:

Seriously call anytime, it's not like I have to clock in anytime specific.

I've worked third shift for the last 15 years, and for the past ten have gotten paid to watch other people sleep..... Third shift can be hard, especially if you try to maintain a sociable schedule with "day walkers". Sometimes they just don't understand that afternoon nap!!

However, reasons I love third shift......

less traffic, or at least in my direction
I get more work done at home (live in the country)
People don't know when I sleep so they just don't call (except for my daughter she doesn't care... haha)
You can have a nice cold beer for breakfast on your day off, and nobody even thinks a thing about it!!

Back