2nd post and it will be a doozy! LOL. Logan 200 NON-QCGB conversion with southbend A QCGB

As I've said to others ,Dr Frankenstein . Bits and pieces have been cobbled for years to make things work. I've been building things for years that way. I grew up using parts from all kinds of things to make usable items. We never had extra money but went to the town dump every week. Brought home more then we left. Half the lumber in our last house we got free. Of course it was back in the sixties. I was a professional nail puller and brick cleaner. But I got motors bikes wheels and more free. Bicycles built for three and four two wagons made from old bent wheel barrows. Good times growing up guys building stuff to have fun, not becoming lazy gamers like now.
I'm quite sure your lathe will work for many years , if taken care of even for ever. I like your build more will follow no doubt.

Nice job gloud! You have just given me hope for my 200 Logan!

If you are set with the software aspect of cnc then more power to you, Honestly for one off production like I do right now cnc isn't worth it (yet) If I wanted to build multiples of an item then yes cnc is the way to go.

If you want a true original lathe then of course this isn't up your alley. I just wanted the functionality, other than the trimmed leadscrew and the bored out banjo I can go back to original easy enough. But no reason for me to. I am not rehabbing and selling I am building things with it. and with the added functionality will keep it in my shop to pass onto my son.

Nice work on the change gear setup. I too am a big fan of the Frankenstein approach, be it automotive, or machine related. Mike

Back