220v 3ph to 380v 3ph converter

John252058

Registered
Registered
I have a hydraulic power pack which I'd like to use. It has .75kw 380v 3ph power but I only have 220v 3ph. I need a step up converter to run the power pack but I can't seem to find a small unit, any suggestions. Thanks

You need a three phase transformer. All you have to do is step up the voltage. You may be able to find one from a machinery reseller or possibly a surplus one. You don't need a very big one so it shouldn't be too expensive.

I wasn't sure if that would work. I seem to remember something from wiring a big three phase in where the ground was strange. But now that I think about it it should be the same.

I have a hydraulic power pack which I'd like to use. It has .75kw 380v 3ph power but I only have 220v 3ph. I need a step up converter to run the power pack but I can't seem to find a small unit, any suggestions. Thanks

You have 220 phase to phase or 220 phase to neutral? If the latter you already have 380 phase to phase, which is probably what that machine wants. If you have the former get three 1:1 transformers and connect the primaries in delta and the secondaries in wye. That will give you 380 phase to phase.

Back