.22 cal Machine gun replicas (lots o pics)

Pacer

Active User
Registered
3-4 years ago I found the plans to use the "guts" of a Ruger 10-22 rifle and make Browning machine guns --
http://www.ccsprints.com/
The receiver and barrel of a donor 10-22 in used to fashion the working, firing semi-automatic machine guns.
I first made the 1919 version, and then the 1917, sorta getting my feet wet and they were a bit amateurish --

1919Browning005.jpg
IMG_0556.jpg

I then ordered up the plans for the venerable Browning M-2, or, more well known as the "Ma Deuce" I had a blast building this guy and the end result was much improved, was very proud of this one --
IMG_0649.jpg
IMG_0650.jpg

So, about 2 yrs ago another HSM'er had seen the CCS versions and thought he could scale down his authentic WWll German MG-42 machine gun to use the 10-22 -- and he did just that and offered up the plans/drawings for it. I was really excited about this!! I immediately ordered up the plans. It was a pretty difficult build, getting the Ruger feed/fire/eject mechanisms shoe horned into an alien environment like that is pretty finicky, plus that was a lot of carving out of chunks of metal to get all the pieces together. But, I think I'm the most pleased with this of all the projects I've tackled (the Ma Deuce ranks second)

Heres a link to all the pics in photobucket - http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/pace1980/Machine gun replicas/

IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0832.jpg

Are the original 10/22 receivers housed inside these guns, or are you machining these as new receivers?

So did you mod the 10-22 guts to go auto or are they limited to semi? Either way I like em, very detailed and pretty darn accurae repros. I had a Ma Deuce on my APC and It definately cleared a path when you lit it up. Ahkmed the terrorist would decide wharever he was doing was not important enough to die for.
Bob

Are the original 10/22 receivers housed inside these guns, or are you machining these as new receivers?
So did you mod the 10-22 guts to go auto or are they limited to semi?

The receiver is basically unchanged, retaining the original 'semi-automatic' setting, and accepts the 10 round Ruger clip, but having it fit into its new home does make for adjustments. On all 4 guns the original 'finger' hold for manually ejecting the shell has to be sawn off and other means of ejecting made. On the 1917 & 1919 it just needed a more realistic handle adapted to it. On the Ma Deuce and the MG-42, it had to be remoted. In the right rear side view of the M-2, the handle is adapted to eject.

On the MG-42 the handle on the right side just above the hand grip is the actual means of ejecting the shell - this was one of the more finicky operations to get everything all lined and fitted to allow the ejection of the shell when fired - and, manually operated, having linkage to be moved back some 6 in along the side of the box tubing.

IMG_0816.jpg

Just a quick thought. I bought a 50 round magazine for my ruger 10/22 a few years ago and it definately has added a ton of fun to the fun plinking I do from time to time. Cant remember who I ordered it from but it came from the 'net for about 20 bucks shipped. Makes reloads a distant memory and I dont have a pocket full of the 10 rounders to contend with either.
Bob

Do you have any tips and what not to do or do when building the 1919?

You could call the "Ma Deuce" the "Double Deuce"(.22)!!:)

I will post some pics as my buddy and I start machining the parts for our kits. I will probably start a new thread, don't want to stomp all over this one.

Love the scale firearms!!! I just finished a half scale belt fed M2HB in .22 mag. We'll I still need to park it but other than that it's done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392863372.859018.jpg

Here's a test fire video

http://youtu.be/Mx4iJQur6KI

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392863372.859018.jpg

Back