2021 POTD Thread Archive

I started making up a poster
Where do you intend to place the posters? Who is your target customer? I ran a business for many years w/o ever advertising. My claim to fame was doing what other shops were too smart to do. And I charged for it. Never lower your price when someone complains, it sets a bad president!

Well i have a smaller work envelope with my 8530 and SB9. I am targeting anyone that may want something done. I live in a small area and supposably one guy tried running a shop from home and didn’t make it. My differences are that it isnt my main income. But i will try to take on anything i know i can do within reason

Well as of now im trying to not go as a business unless i get more jobs. I dont want to deal with taxes and such if i have no work. Since i opened up shop in August i only got one job granted i did not really push to find any either

Getting paid by someone to do work for them is probably going to be viewed as a business by their lawyer. It can change all the rules with insurance.
My agent mentioned this when I asked about my machines being covered by my homeowners insurance. Your state could be different.
Joe

I know getting paid could mean a business im trying to do it as a beer money thing at the moment just until i get more work to warrant a business set up.

With the Christmas break and the ramp up of COVID, I have lots of shop time. I made this outrigger vise stop as detailed by Joe Pieczynski on YouTube. This should come in very handy in the future. I do lose a little Y-axis travel, but I can always remove this quickly if needed.

IMG_6167.jpg

Mounted on my Kurt 4" vise.
IMG_6166.jpg

Back