2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an add on craigslist off and on for a few years in the wanted section. Wanted dividing head with plates and tailstock. Couple days ago guy contacts me says he has one for $100.00 so after his schedule put him in my area he delivered it tonight. Looks to be l.w. brand with Chuck . Plates he will bring after there found but for the money delivered I'm happy. Now I don't need China for $380. Now if all the listed stuff sold I'd be much happier. Oh I picked up three old stock new dies in left hand thread 3/8 c and nf and 5/8 18 , New in the box lufkin in war green 0-1 Mic. Never owned a brand new Mic. Guess this counts as new.
My stupid body gets out of pain I've got tons to do. Come on July 6 th.

Shars got me for another 200 bucks this week. :p Man I need to stay out of their catalog.

Hey you can't leave us in suspense like that! So what did ya get? :)

Just received the new SK 3/8" drive 90 tooth pear head low profile ratchet from Harry J Epstein's. Made in the USA as all SK tools are. feels great in the hand, quality chrome and smooth as fresh snot on a polished doorknob.$57.00 US. Also joined the SK club. $49.95 got 25% off my first tool order,Dsc_0029small.jpg Dsc_0030small.jpg Dsc_0031small.jpg Dsc_0032small.jpg Dsc_0033small.jpg Dsc_0034small.jpg Dsc_0028small.jpg the whole order not just 1 tool, free shipping on all orders and get 1 free socket a month from a list of sockets.

Roy

I was out of town this week and when I got home, these ebay snags had shown up in the mail. A large set of Butterfield taper shank spiral reamers, a regular shank reamer to fill in for a missing one in the large set's sequence, two 64th under drills for 3/4" and 1" finished holes, some inserts from Bulgaria, and some center drills. The reamers are all new but with storage rash except two and they had only light use, maybe one hole or two.

ebay catch.jpg

Purchased my first mill. It's a 1977 Bridgeport with true-trace installed, but has the manual controls. I've already pulled the hydraulics as I plan on retrofitting electric feeds at a later date. The head is a 2hp 2J and it's going to need spindle bearings. The rest of the machine seems okay. Here's a pic with her sitting next to the C16 Holbrook.

Britt Bettell

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hope it shows up...
dca225adda13cabe44bcb3357dd026b7.jpg

Hope it shows up...
dca225adda13cabe44bcb3357dd026b7.jpg

Congratulations... Looks like a worthy project.
Did you find it locally or have to go get it?
Bill W.

edit: I think I did not send my reply to the OP... sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back