$2,800,000 for a 1,500sq. ‘ home in Silicon Valley !!

How unfair is that!
...it should NOT be available to anyone.
Sure, leave an inheritance if you can and choose to, but NO ONE should be allowed to leave a debt!

Bear, you have summed up my (and my sons) current situation here too.
Two sons, both have graduated university, both now have good jobs and are living with us!

I know they do not want to still be here, and they they deserve to "spread their wings".
No hard feelings; I will really miss them when they do leave, I am in no rush for them to leave and want them to be able to save up a down payment, but I also really don't want them to buy a $500K house that's really only worth $300K, at best.

It's tough to offer any advice to them when they live in such a different world than I did at their age.......

Brian
China is a very different place and culture than North America.

Are wages really low?
A working man's home in Northern CA, where I live is around $350-$400,000.
The closer you get to the bay area prices sky rocket.
Even in Sacramento property has really gone up.
Generally they are fairly low, as is the cost of living. I worked for FedEx so my compensation was decent. I live about 40 miles from Memphis TN. A million here will buy a nice 6000 sq ft house on 60-70 acres. I have 3 acres, about 2400 sq ft, it’s probably a little north of 100K in value. People seem nice generally. It wasn’t my dream, but i feel blessed.

A 500 square foot home on Duncan Dr. in Monte Rio, CA just sold for $900,000.00. Believe it or not, it is a bit of a fixer upper.

The real estate agent said that people are taking their money out of the stock market, & using the money to buy houses to rent on Airbnb.

Well, I guess home is where you hang your hat :)

Back