1988 Hardinge Tool Room Lathe - $7000 (OROVILLE, CA)

I don't know what they go for,but that sound very expensive.

This is on the lower end for a decent one. Not unusual to see them around $10k. They are at the top of the food chain for a toolroom lathe.

That lathe would be nice to have, will never find one in my neck of the woods for that price.

Thanks for the heads up. It was at a shop that was closing. Will need some cleaning and work ,but it has a good bit of tooling with it. The shop owner sold the property and is retiring. Nice person and has other machines and tooling for sale. Worth taking a look if in the area.

Thanks for the heads up. It was at a shop that was closing. Will need some cleaning and work ,but it has a good bit of tooling with it. The shop owner sold the property and is retiring. Nice person and has other machines and tooling for sale. Worth taking a look if in the area.

Did you pick up the Hardinge?

Last edited:
I will pick it up tomorrow . The owner has a shop full of other machines and tooling for sale.
Congratulations! The guy definitely didn't oversell it--one fuzzy photo didn't peak a lot of interest. If you find it takes up too much space, keep me in mind! ;-)

I will pick it up tomorrow . The owner has a shop full of other machines and tooling for sale.

Whoa, congrats! Glad someone could take advantage. (a little jealous too)

Last edited:
Back