1957 Delta 3 gang production drill press tapping station Walker Turner

I had a similar set-up in my original shop . Drill , countersink and tap . And it did take up a lot of shop space .

They make great work benches after taking the drill presses off!

too funny, i bought it for a bench. They said the drills work perfect, and they do. i had a tire machine here and it got used maybe once a year. Now my transmission jack is under the shelf, and heavy tools are going on the shelf. If I use it twice in one year its a win, and the tire machine is still useable in a different location.

It is alive! I put a standard light switch in number 3. I gave it a real workout, too. I punched 3 7/8 holes in that 1 inch steel bar. I wanted to see what power it had, so i ran a 3/16 pilot and then right to the 7/8 drill bit. It slowed if i pushed it too hard, but it ran through once i got the correct amount of down feed. i will step up in bits next time, but I just wanted to see how it ran. number 2 grew some motor noise, but it left after a few min, and did not return. If you keep low steady pressure, it spins out nice curls and heads in smartly. I like it!

Back