1950s Walker Turner Dill Press Resurrection

Fair enough. I know that there are some purists out there that say oh you didn't use the right color?! But you know what it's my tool i paint it what i feel like.
Part of me was kind of thinking about painting it like a dark green hammered texture paint.

Part of me was kind of thinking about painting it like a dark green hammered texture paint.
I used to run around with classic car people and there were folks who were absolute sticklers about getting the exact color of paint their car came from the factory with, some even tried to replicate factory overspray where it might have been originally.

But honestly, grey is a good color for machine tools and since you always end up with leftover paint it's worth having something you'll use. There's been some threads on here lately where folks are trying to source that hammered paint and can't find what they want. Grey will always be available....

John

I used to run around with classic car people and there were folks who were absolute sticklers about getting the exact color of paint their car came from the factory with, some even tried to replicate factory overspray where it might have been originally.

But honestly, grey is a good color for machine tools and since you always end up with leftover paint it's worth having something you'll use. There's been some threads on here lately where folks are trying to source that hammered paint and can't find what they want. Grey will always be available....

John
That is true, I'm probably just going to end up brushing or rolling the paint on instead of spray painting it because honestly I cannot stand spray paint. Way too much setting up and nor do i have an easy way to spray big pieces. Or maybe color matching the blue that's on the brand tag would look good too

Back