1440gt compound angle?

Just wiggle it and it should pass the spot. There are round/square head bolts that don't turn so you can tighten and then somewhere on the diameter there is the hole/slot they are inserted in sounds to me like you are just catching that hole/slot on the way around. Barely loosen them or wiggle to get it where you want.

Found the problem! - One of the mounting screws for the DRO scale protrudes and stops the T nuts from going past it. Easy fix. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to do a 360 or if I just wildy misunderstood what the machine could do!

Just wiggle it and it should pass the spot. There are round/square head bolts that don't turn so you can tighten and then somewhere on the diameter there is the hole/slot they are inserted in sounds to me like you are just catching that hole/slot on the way around. Barely loosen them or wiggle to get it where you want.

- BTW, I was going to message you, but I'll do it here - Your videos are great and were a big help and confidence boost when I decided to order a 3 phase machine. Now I'm jealous of your buffer grinder setup. :)

- BTW, I was going to message you, but I'll do it here - Your videos are great and were a big help and confidence boost when I decided to order a 3 phase machine. Now I'm jealous of your buffer grinder setup. :)
Appreciate the feedback and glad they were helpful. I received my VFD support on this forum from @mksj so very happy to pay that forward. Now that your lathe is running the spacers for the double wheel set up should be a breeze. Good luck and keep the questions coming, the crew on this forum love to help.

Also glad you sorted out the compound. Should definitely go 360 so as @zjtr10 said, just some debree in there..

Last edited:
22-02-17 11-25-49 7030.jpg

The screw for the DRO needed one good lick with a file and it was good to go. Compound success!

Looks great. Glad you got it all squared away.

That's one of the shorter barrels I've seen.

30-06 Derringer perhaps? :)

That would probably look something like the shotgun in "Killing them Softly".

Joking, of course.

Back