13" Tail Stock Question

dwall174

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know if the tail stocks are the same for the single & dual tumbler 13" lathes?

I've been looking for a tail stock for 13" turret lathe with the dual tumbler quick-change gear box, but so far all I've seen are from the older style single tumbler lathes.

I'm not sure if the beds changed along with the quick-change gear boxes?

Doug

@dwall174 the question you have asked is so general, I don't think it can be answered to your satisfaction. If you were to name a make and model, then someone with experience with that lathe can pipe right up.

*Most* variations of a particular lathe are built on the same bed, wuith the same headstock, but there are a lot of exceptions. For instance, some 9" lathes share the same bed with their 10" counterpart, but of course the tailstocks aren't interchangeable - except for the very few that just used a riser block.... see what I mean?

I assume from the forum this was posted in, a 13" south bend. I know there was an interchangeability list a long time ago that I've never found again when I needed it, so i guess it should work.

Of course, I am using my experience with my heavy 10 build. Both 10R and 10L lathes were built on the same bed, and tailstocks were interchangeable. I believe even the gear boxes might have been... I simply went straight to the wide range box so I never found out for sure.

I THINK it will fit.

Do not settle for my opinion, though. There are experts out there that don't have to make wild assumptions like I am doing. And, if you don't hear back from them, you can always ask the seller for bed dimensions and make certain of it.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Back