12x36 hp issues..... need advice or recommendations

I've said this before, but I have an honest good quality US made 3/4 HP TEFC motor on my 3996 (12x36). In 35+ years, I have never bogged it down. Unless you convert to VFD (especially if you scrap the countershaft) or are using a Chinese made motor, you don't need anything larger.

The current half horse motor is some takigawi Chinese motor. I'm gonna use a 2 horse vfd for the new Baldor motor. Plus I will need the vfd for the harig 612 I bought last night...... one inverter will run both machines. Not simultaneously of course haha. Got the grinder for 600 bucks. Smokin deal!

Edit
There's a sticker on the Baldor that says it's wound with inverter duty insulated wire so that's a plus. The motor is also a TEFC design. I think I'm gonna keep the counter shaft pulleys. That way I can keep track of speed better until I get a machine tach

Something I took note of is my little 4x6 saw has a half horse GE motor on it and it's about half the size of my lathes Chinese motor...

I have a new 12 x 24 and it came with 1hp 120v motor... I cannot even get the motor to get warm not to mention get hot or stall... But I just started few weeks ago, so maybe I am not aggressive enough.

If you get a single speed 1 HP motor hot or stall it on anything smaller than a 16", and if it isn't an overrated Chicom motor, you are doing something wrong.

Robert D.

I lied my 4x6 bandsaw has a 1 hp GE motor. Thing is tiny though. I cut a stainless 1.5in bar yesterday.....Bout 20 min worth of cut

Back