1236T - Up and Running, First chips

Follow-up. The Gates BX24 belt works for the 1236T. To confuse things, the PM supplied belt is marked B-25. Don't translate to Gates numbers!
On to more swarf.

I have a PM-1236t on the way... A spare belt sounds like a good idea, I think ill order one - thanks for heads up..!

If you don't mind, what QCTP and size did you go with and what is the distance between the top of the Compound to Center on your machine, Just for fun said his is 3.45 in. or 87.65 mm and he is using BXA from PM...

Thanks Mike...

I have a PM-1236t on the way... A spare belt sounds like a good idea, I think ill order one - thanks for heads up..!

If you don't mind, what QCTP and size did you go with and what is the distance between the top of the Compound to Center on your machine, Just for fun said his is 3.45 in. or 87.65 mm and he is using BXA from PM...

Thanks Mike...
I'm using a Dorian BXA. Model SDN30BXA I found new on ebay. Most of my tooling is 1/2 inch but have some 5/8 and 1/4 inch too. Pic shows I removed the top nut for swiveling and made a permanent piece. Nut is from a piece of stressproof, handle is 4140, and grip is aluminum. Early practice with different materials.
Here is a link to David Best's reply on the issue of size. David is one of our many outstanding "go-to" guys here.

Attachments

• Dorian QCTP.jpg
    Dorian QCTP.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 37
Back