1236 Prepping- Electrical Requirements?

JPower6210

Registered
Registered
Hi All- I have ordered a 1236 and as I get the shop ready I need to wire a new circuit for the machine- I am fine running the new 220 circuit, but curious as to whether the machine comes with a plug, and if so, what style so I can get the outlet? And it just needs the 220 circuit right? For folks that have this machine, what amp circuit are you running it on? Thanks-

John

I'm using a 30 amp. Looks just like a 110v plug but the top blades are horizontal instead of vertical. My machine did not come with a plug it's a Shop Fox M1112. You'll want a 110 plug close for any extra lights or maybe a DRO.

Although it looks like you got your answer, my PM1236 did not come with a plug & neither did my PM45M, I don't think lathes & mills usually come with plugs when purchased new. I also used a 30a circuit but I also have my mill on the same circuit. No 110v needed for the lathe. The stock lamp is 24v & is powered off the lathe. I also connected my DRO to the 220v off my lathe & mill so when I power them on, the DRO's also power on. I prefer it that way so I don't need to switch on the DRO's separately.

The lathe does not have a cut off switch for power. Unless you install some sort of disconnect, when you plug it in, the green power light on the lathe will always be on. Instead of using a disconnect box (and I don't like to use the breaker for that), I installed manual motor starters, 1 each at the lathe & mill.

Img_7439_zpsaaf3e32d.jpg

Back