12" Dual Column Dial Height Gauge

chip_slinger

Active User
Registered
Scored a nice used import 12" height gauge on eBay. No brand marks on it, but it is nicely made with quality grinding and dual columns. Looks just like a Mitutoyo, and I think it probably came out of their factory. Came with a carbide scribing tip and an indicator holder. There is a cal sticker on it from 2005, so it is at least 9-10 years old. Not a spec of rust on it, runs silky smooth. It was posted for $110, the seller accepted my offer for $60. I'm pretty happy with the deal and the tool.

anetehy3.jpg

vemehevu.jpg

agyby2yg.jpg

u4ejesur.jpg

You got a great deal for $60 Mike.
I like the "Or Best Offer" option.
That carbide tip doesn't even look like it's ever been used.
Congratulations!

You got a great deal for $60 Mike.
I like the "Or Best Offer" option.
That carbide tip doesn't even look like it's ever been used.
Congratulations!

Thanks Ken. The best offer option doesn't usually work that well for me, but this time it did!

60 bucks? Great deal. I'll give ya $65 for it.

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I just yesterday won a Swiss made Etalon 12" dual column height gage for roughly twice what you paid for yours.

Is the Etalon twice as good as the import model? Not likely but I enjoy saying Etalon so I'm good!

Etalon HG 1.JPGEtalon HG 2.JPG

Etalon HG 2.JPG Etalon HG 1.JPG

Funny, I just yesterday won a Swiss made Etalon 12" dual column height gage for roughly twice what you paid for yours.

Is the Etalon twice as good as the import model? Not likely but I enjoy saying Etalon so I'm good!

Great score Ken! I like the Etalon brand, but I'm still happy with mine.

Great score. It looks just like my Phase II

013.JPG

Last edited:
Back