12" Craftsman/Atlas metal cross slide gib.

akjeff

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Trying to find one from from when they were still made of metal, to replace the nylon that's in my lathe. Was able to find one for the compound, but the cross slide has eluded me so far.

If you have the equipment ,it might be easier just to make it. Don't have the equipment? There may be a member close by that would help. There are some outstanding people in the group.

Making one is definitely a plan B. Just in between mills right now, and it's going to be at least a few weeks or longer, until I have that capability.

Another member here has been making them and I have been handling the sales. But demand for them slowed and I screwed around and ran out of most of them. I have been meaning to re-order all four of them but I do have one 10-56 left. Price is $18.00 for the one. They are $15.00 each when you buy the pair but you already have the 9-304 and I don't have any more of them at the moment anyway. I need your address to quote postage either First Class or Priority. I can accept PayPal, credit cards or in the mail, check or MO.

They were made using the original Atlas drawings which I managed to acquire from Clausing because of a loop-hole and a good relations with someone there.

Sent you a PM with address. Thanks!

Back