115 piece Stubby Length Drill Sets in Case - $150 (san jose, CA)

I emailed him to ask if he was willing to ship. He called me and said yes, then spent half an hour telling war stories. Old machinists never die, but sometimes they make you want to.

While I was writing this he called back with shipping charges. It's a done deal.

I love stub length drills! I wish they were more common!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I love stub length drills! I wish they were more common!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I'm with you, they're always my first choice. I've been looking for a set like this for a long time. They can get really pricey. The seller assured me that , with the exception of the "X" drill, they are all cobalt. Here's something comparable:

I would have grabbed it :)

I would have grabbed it :)
Me too ! Uh oh , they may cause cancer and harmful reproductive effects in Cal . :big grin:

Great find MrWhoopie ! :encourage:

I'm with you, they're always my first choice. I've been looking for a set like this for a long time. They can get really pricey. The seller assured me that , with the exception of the "X" drill, they are all cobalt. Here's something comparable:

I can't imagine how many they're selling at that price. There are several similar sets made by Norseman on eBay for about half the price. Here's one listing:

I bought a 115 piece set made by Triumph (now owned by Northland) a few years ago for less than $180.00. I see they no longer even offer any 115 piece drill sets. Maybe their they weren't that popular, or increase in pricing made them less attractive.

Last edited:
I have Drill Hog screw, and jobber 115s for the hand drill, a full set of Norseman, and a 29 pc CL, but no cobalt bits, so I got a screw length set of Norseman cobalt's yesterday.
1615838627188.png

I can't imagine how many they're selling at that price. There are several similar sets made by Norseman on eBay for about half the price. Here's one listing:
Unfortunately, the set you link to is described as "M42 steel jobber lengths - with 135 degree split point." @MrWhoopee's link was for a set of stubby/screw machine length bits. For some unknown (to me) reason, screw machine length drill bits always seem to be more expensive than jobber length.

I have the jobber set i want to get a stubby set of drills i am thinking worst case at least letter or fractions

Back