$100 chinese 4" vise deflection + DIY force gauge

Re: $100 chinese 4" vise deflection data

I can only imagine what the deflection is on my 1998 India vise I bought when Enco still had a store in the Chicago area.... :thinking:

OT here but from what I can see awander that's a nice looking Pan in your avatar. Is that Linkert an M74B?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :biggrin:

Wow-I'm impressed, Glenn. Most people will not admit that they might be incorrect on web forums.
When you are wrong you need to admit it and I was obviously wrong on this one although it seemed clear to me yesterday.
Thank you Spaceman_Spiff for your patience.

Note to self: Do not post on the internet while you are taking powerful pain medication for kidney stones.

When you are wrong you need to admit it and I was obviously wrong on this one although it seemed clear to me yesterday.
Thank you Spaceman_Spiff for your patience.

Note to self: Do not post on the internet while you are taking powerful pain medication for kidney stones.

sometimes I wonder how many not quite correct things I have in my own head, and would I trade being publicly corrected in order to suddenly know the truth...hmm a faustian dilemma for sure..sort of...

Andre be sure to keep us posted in this thread or somewhere about whatever force gauge you make!!!

sometimes I wonder how many not quite correct things I have in my own head, and would I trade being publicly corrected in order to suddenly know the truth...hmm a faustian dilemma for sure..sort of...

Andre be sure to keep us posted in this thread or somewhere about whatever force gauge you make!!!

Will do! Should be an interesting project.

OT here but from what I can see awander that's a nice looking Pan in your avatar. Is that Linkert an M74B?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :biggrin:

Good eye, drs23. That's a 1952 FL (Pan) with an M-74B.

Back