Work Stop for My Small Mill

brasssmanget

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I had a little free time again Monday so I put it to good use and spent some time on the lathe and the mill. Put together a work stop for the mill - just because I guess. :whistle:

Turned down some 1.50 round stock to 1.20, stepped one a little, drilled appropriate size holes for the rods, drilled and tapped the ends (4) of the holders for 8x24 cap heads I had from another project, and hardened the end of the 3/8" piece that butts up against any work pieces I may have. So far it's looking pretty good [I think], but it needs some polishing and tweaking I'm sure.

Excuse the mess - I took these pictures with my cheap phone just as I finished for the day - my machinery does not always look that messy. (Although it is pretty often I must admit) :))

003.jpg002.jpg001.jpg

003.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg

Nice job, I'd like to make a couple stops for my Starret & my Bridgeport vises. However, from the days of "bar of soap" styling aesthetics, form over function was ignored. So I don't have as many nice squared surfaces to play with.

I kind of envy your ajacent to the house shop situation. I'll have to wait for warmer times to get back out to my out building shops.

Thanks for the nice comments. I don't do much production where I do large multiples of parts, but I had the urge to get out and make something. As fate would have it - this was it. Next some ball bearing extensions for the steady rest I think. :thinking:

Back