What is with the plethora of old posts?

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Don't recall ever seeing so many of them, and having them stay up for so long. Mike

Yep, sometimes adding to a thread is better than a new one. Especially when it's new stuff. Not asking someone on an 8 year old thread if their equip is still avail. Sometimes I'm guilty, where someone bumps an old thread and I don't notice the date... it happens.

It's not all bad.

Yep, sometimes adding to a thread is better than a new one. Especially when it's new stuff. Not asking someone on an 8 year old thread if their equip is still avail. Sometimes I'm guilty, where someone bumps an old thread and I don't notice the date... it happens.

It's not all bad.
It’s often surprising to me that it is so relevant and I don’t remember it. And the most surprising is I’d replied to it, DOH!

One example is the (what did you buy today thread). Since it went up a while back I haven't seen any current posts, which seems unusual. Mike

Don't recall ever seeing so many of them, and having them stay up for so long. Mike
There are a lot of forums where you will get lambasted if you ask a question that already has a thread. They'll cry and tell you to use the search function, lol. I usually just tell them I'm here for the interaction as much as the information. Or else I would just use Google.

I usually just tell them I'm here for the interaction as much as the information.
And end up with what… a forum full of short lived threads with zero new information? Such behavior also screws up the search function for those capable of using it.

The day I’m made a forum moderator, I’ll start merging duplicate threads mercilessly :grin:

There are a lot of forums where you will get lambasted if you ask a question that already has a thread. They'll cry and tell you to use the search function, lol. I usually just tell them I'm here for the interaction as much as the information. Or else I would just use Google.
I’ve been on some forums like that and every single one their built in search was non functional for me. Not so here on H-M. When I do a search I almost always find what I’m looking for.

Back