Welcome to the Skookum Tools Forum!

SkookumRob

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
We’re excited to introduce Skookum Tools to the Hobby Machinist community. Skookum Tools is a proudly Canadian company specializing in high-quality, carbide end mills designed with both the professional machinist and hobbyist in mind. Our mission is to provide tools that offer exceptional performance, durability, and precision at an affordable price.

Why carbide? Our solid carbide end mills are crafted for maximum hardness, heat resistance, and long-lasting sharpness. Whether you're milling steel, aluminum, or harder materials like stainless steel, Skookum end mills are designed to tackle a wide range of materials with excellent cutting efficiency and finish quality.

Here in the forum, we’ll share tips on tool selection, best practices, and exclusive promotions. We also encourage you to share your experiences, projects, and questions. We’re here to support your journey, whether you’re making parts for a new project or just getting started in machining.

Thanks for welcoming us into your community—let’s make some chips fly!

www.skookumendmills.com

Hey Rob, funny I just drove past your place the other day and was pleased to see you’re still around and doing well. Must stop in the next time I’m by. Good to see you here.

-frank

I look forward to having you drop by sometime!

For anyone dropping by our warehouse in Langford BC,

We are open Monday to Saturday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. It is important to note that our Skookum End Mills are primarily stocked at our manufacturing facility in Winnipeg, as they ship to our clients across North America directly from that factory (saving stock transfer time). To see what we have available in our Langford warehouse, check out www.onlinesupply.net and look for items showing stock in "BC Warehouse". You will see that we stock a wide range of industrial supplies at this location including Abrasives, Drilling & Cutting Tools and Safety Supplies.

Looking forward to meeting any members of this forum!

Last edited:
Welcome ! Fantastic to see manufacturing in NA! How long have you been in business ?

Welcome ! Fantastic to see manufacturing in NA! How long have you been in business ?
I started Skookum Tools Ltd. in September of 2000 (hard to believe that was 24 years ago already!) I will do a separate post in the future with more of a history/timeline of the company, but we began to grow our online presence about 10 years ago and switched to fully e-commerce in 2019 (thanks Covid!). We have been manufacturing Carbide End Mills and Bandsaw Blades in our facility in Central Canada (Winnipeg aka "Winterpeg") for about 10 years. I operate my sales office from a more balmy climate in Victoria BC (West coast on Vancouver Island). Thanks for asking!

Last edited:
Wow time flies for sure. Had a peek at your website and downloaded the catalog. Looks like quite a nice product line. I’m up for trying a few when I need to make an order.

Welcome to the forum Rob! Really glad you joined us!

Are your abrasives also made in NA? If not, are they western, or far east imported?

Back