Very interesting technique

C-Bag

Ned Ludd's bro
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I’m not in any way a jewelry kinda guy but this would not be the first time I’ve picked up a technique from a different field. The info presented here is called foldforming and especially the last technique I found very interesting. I’m still gathering tools and skills for a weathervane project for my SO that will be brass and copper sheet so this will apply directly to that project. It also explains some techniques I’ve seen that I wondered how they did it. The site associated with it cool tools is worth checking out too.

An interesting process though I disagree with the claim that it's "The first new metal-forming process in the last 100 years". Hydroforming, would be one other process that comes to mind but I'd bet there are more.

Yeah I was quite stunned by that assertion too. But I just passed it off as unaware. I’m more of the school of “there’s nothing new under the sun” as I wander through the different disciplines. I did find it interesting and wouldn’t have ever done something like that on my own as I’m always trying to fix folds and creases to look like smooth unmolested metal.

Back