Trying to identify inverted tip drill bit.

todd774

Registered
Registered
Hi everybody reading this. I'm hoping somebody will have an idea of what this style of drill bit is called, & where I might be able to purchase them.
It looks like a regular drill bit except the tip is inverted. I seem to remember hearing or reading that these were used for sheet metal work. I can't find any information on them & nobody I ask has ever heard of them. I know I'm not imagining them because I found one in my tool stash. Any help would be much appreciated. In case anyone is wondering, I thought they would work good for cutting seats on model steam check valves.
Thank you, Todd K.

Inverted Drill Bit.jpg

Inverted Drill Bit.jpg

That's for drilling sheet metal. It won't catch when going thru,

"Billy G"

That's for drilling sheet metal. It won't catch when going thru,

"Billy G"

Thank's for the input Billy G. that's what I thought they were for. I couldn't find them in any of my tool catalogs or the internet. Not sure what the proper name for them is either. To be honest I haven't tested this one I have to see if it will do what I want it to. This one I have has been sitting on my desk for a few months & I just thought I'd throw it out on the forum to see if I could get an answer to this mystery once & for all.
Thank's again Todd K.

Back