Today's Joke - 2023 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'd say it was pretty tough to get a decent cup of coffee in the US. Most coffee in the US is watered down and weak. I have a local coffee shop that is good, they roast their own beans. But for the most part, going to some random place results in some pretty wretched coffee. Europe is pretty easy to get a nice cup of coffee. (Don't think I've ever had a bad cup.) Was in Iceland, Denmark and Greece a few weeks ago and had great coffee. Perhaps we have different tastes in coffee? A really good cup of joe doesn't need milk at all, but it is nice to add some milk at times.
I agree, in a lot of the US the coffee is on the weak side. I'm fortunate to live in an area where good coffee is readily available but even at that, I mostly drink my home brewed. To clarify, Im not saying the coffee in Europe is bad, it's mostly all espresso based, Latte, Cappuccino, etc. The closest thing they offer to a cup of black coffee is the Americano, a watered down shot of espresso. That just doesn't cut it for me.
I was in Greece last year, the Greek coffee was good (strong enough) but alas, the portions kind of small...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back