Today's Joke - 2023 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a joke; just a comment. It is frightening to see how efficiently Photoshop and the likes can create a doctored photo.

It used to be that seeing was believing and that a photograph was irrefutable evidence that a situation actually existed. Nowadays, you can't trust your eyes anymore. With the entry of AI on the scene, you can't trust anything you hear as well.

We are entering dangerous times.!

Not a joke; just a comment. It is frightening to see how efficiently Photoshop and the likes can create a doctored photo.

It used to be that seeing was believing and that a photograph was irrefutable evidence that a situation actually existed. Nowadays, you can't trust your eyes anymore. With the entry of AI on the scene, you can't trust anything you hear as well.

We are entering dangerous times.!
Back around 96, I got a copy of Photoshop bundled with a scanner I had bought. Within a few hours of screwing around with it, I was able to remove the image of my wife (at the time) sitting on a rock in Guadeloupe and insert her into another photo.Making it appear she was sitting on a deck, in Brooklyn NY. Most people could not tell it was a forgery in fact some didn't believe it was, until I showed them the source photos. I wish I still had a copy of it but alas, its on some long forgotten hard drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back