Thru-curb drains

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I had a new retaining wall installed around my driveway and it included the typical 4 inch perforated black pipe drain behind it. It is draining through the curb and out into the street. I don't like the way the landscapers just ran the black pipe through the curb because it doesn't look very good. Because of the height of the curb and the 4-in pipe it looks like they smashed it down to fit through the curb. I've seen other similar installations where the drain exited through white PVC pipe and it looked much more clean and finished. I've looked online and in my local hardware stores for some kind of an adapter to go from the 4-in perforated to a PVC but I can't find anything does anyone have any ideas on how to connect the 4-in perforated pipe to some white pvc?

4" drain, known in UK as 110mm (meaning the OD I think), and also it's perforated version, does have all manner of fittings and and endings. You should be able to find some just from a walk through the right kind of building supply hardware store.

Can you post a picture?

I have had a lot of success with a Fernco adapter sold by Home Depot. It ain't cheep but it is good!

I have had a lot of success with a Fernco adapter sold by Home Depot. It ain't cheep but it is good!

Thanks, I am familiar with those couplings. I just hadn't thought of that. It may work

The gold standard for diy and hack plumbers.........

Back