Status Update

ChazzC

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Out of the Shop Until Early Next Year

Managed to mangle my left shoulder last week (not in the Shop: had disagreement with the stairs leading down to the Office & Shop) and while feeling a lot better the news from the Orthopedic doctor is not good - given the choice of a plate & screws and a replacement I’m going with the replacement. Between additional scans, scheduling, surgery, recovery and PT, I probably will not be attending Cabin Fever and won’t have full use of both arms until mid-January at the earliest.

All is not bad as I plan to post updates at major milestone's (for example, they will use the CT Scan I will be getting to both plan the surgery and model the “replacement parts”).

Please don’t bother with well-wishes, I know everyone will be cheering me on (and I will continue to put my nose in where it’s not needed and to be a thorn in everyone’s butt.

Charlie

I keep saying I don’t work to tight tolerances!

It could be worse. Replacement will usually lay a person up for ~6 months to a full recovery.

GsT

It could be worse. Replacement will usually lay a person up for ~6 months to a full recovery.

GsT
Everything I’ve read said first replacement is faster, and the particular surgery I’ll be getting has relatively fast recovery: PT starts before you leave the hospital.

Back