Stamped steel Tractor seat project

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I sat in a shop made task chair that had this same style stamped sheet metal.
It was very comfortable.

Now I go to planning and design. Soon I'll go to production for the one off seat.

Meanwhile, placing it on a 5 gallon paint bucket is pretty good :)

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 20
Better be an old Cub seat .................................and paint it yellow , no green allowed in my shop . :grin: JK , old Cubs are rare as hens teeth here .

That is a lot more sheet metal talent than I have.
Looks suspiciously like the seat that was on the Allis Chalmers WD-45 I used to have. It was orange, if that is acceptable.
Of course you could paint it black. Black goes with everything, or so I was told.
And to think, there were places that used to stamp these things out by the dozens every day....

I bought a brand new John Deer 5310N orchard tractor in 1998. The seat was TERRIBLE! Talked to another grower with one and he said the seat was designed by Jack Kevorkian (angel of death)

Anyway, took that brand new seat out and replaced it with one of these from a horse drawn planter.

Problem solved.

This stamped seat is 16 ga.
It feels much better than a flat hard seat.
I've been accused of having no ass. At least that's what my wife says. She on the other hand.....I love you honey!
Hugh, she loved my ass before we got married :)

I'd suspend it with a rolling frame thingy like that legless mechanic guy on "The Road Warrior"

Back