St Peters first 15 seed team to make it to the Elite 8.. the wife is happy

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
What a scrappy team... Amazing... My wife went to St. Peters... No one would ever think they would make it, it's so small.

Wildest NCAA tournament I can remember Jeff for sure . I believe the last 15 seed to knock off a #1 seed was UMBC when they knocked Virginia out . I think these guys ( St. Petes ) are the real deal and could go all the way . :encourage: I love the offense they run , wish more teams would run it . They sure know how to celebrate up at their school fwiw ! :grin:

Offense? What about their D... they do man on man then switch to zone when it gets closer to the basket.
Or the fact that they shoot layups and use the backboard. Make life so simple (ok, retro).

I'm not a St. Peters fan, but I am becoming one. Watching them play is energizing. Everyone gets the ball, no tall guys (relative to the other teams), The full press (most times) D was impressive and tiring.. I was watching HM for new posts, but had to shut down and watch..

This is the only basketball I watch these days, the Sweet 16 on.. I think it's better than the pros, it just feels better.

They have been a lot of fun to watch.

OK . Let's see what S. Petes has to offer up in a few minutes . You have to route for the underdogs at this point ! Good luck chucker ! :grin:

it was good while it lasted.
Nothing at all to be ashamed of , they had a great run and met up with a buzzsaw in NC . Hard to believe after all these upsets , I'm in 1st place at the moment in the pull . Left side is busted but right side is still alive . I have Villa Nova beating Kansas in the semi's and then Villa Nova losing in the final . :grin:

well Nova came out totally flat... they were outclassed big time.
Duke's looking like a close game right now.

Right now, we want Duke.. we want coach K to go out on a high note. He's been a class act.

Back