Speed chart deciphering

spedway

Registered
Registered
I have looked at this chart and can't make heads or tales of what they are trying to say. Can someone explain it to me.

Attachments

• 20241004_143202.jpg
    20241004_143202.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 15
Big drives little is fast...
Little drives big is slow.
If you are in the USA, you are 60 Hz.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I know that principle. But how do decipher the chart to get a specific speed on the chart.

There are 3 pulleys and 2 belts. To get 1750 rpm @ 60Hz, put one belt at position B and the other belt at position 3. You may be overthinking it.

Tom

The fastest speech is A 4. Motor belt down low, spindle belt up high.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

When you arrange the V-belts according to the chart you (allegedly) get the indicated RPM.

One belt at A, or B, or C, or D position. Other belt at 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 position.

There are two belts on the machine. Each speed listed has a corresponding belt combination. The first part (a letter) corresponds to the position of one belt, the second part (a number) corresponds to the position of the other belt. The diagram labels the belt positions: Starting at the top, the front pulley has positions A,B,C,D from top to bottom and the back pulley has positions 1, 2, 3, 4.

So if you pick 2280 rpm from the chart, that corresponds to belt combo A-2 : the front pulley has a belt in the top position connecting to the middle pulley and the rear pulley belt is connected to the middle pulley on down from the top. (Edit: assuming 60Hz)

HTH,

GsT

I want to thank everybody. I was over thinking it. Once it's explained it is so simple. Again thank you all.

Back