Spare parts for an old Leatherman

Mauzinette

Big Iron on His Hip
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Hello H-Mers,

Does anyone know where I could buy a spare file for this old Leatherman, which is no longer covered by the Leatherman warranty?

IMG_7743.jpg

The tool is a gift to my dad from his co-workers, they gave it to him in '97 when he quit his day job as a locksmith and decided to found his own company. The tool is very important to him and he never leaves the house without it. I would like to see the tool serve my dad for another 27 years :frog:

There were a few sellers parting out leatherman knives on ebay a while back.

I know they were selling wave parts... I don't know about the other models and I don't know if they would ship overseas.

It might be worth a look.

-Bear

I bought several of the Leathermans (Leathermen?) that I prefer in used condition on fleabay as "TSA confiscations" for cheap, maybe you can buy one and part it out for your dad. I have one that I carried in Kosovo and another in Iraq that are meaningful, one of them had a broken tool and that's how I replaced it. Bonus is I can carry a multitool around that is the type I like but not meaningful, so no tears if it ends up (re-)confiscated by the TSA.

Even though no longer under warranty, Leatherman probably still has the part. If you can find the correct model on eBay or luck out that a TSA random lot has the model you need it may be cheaper than buying from Leatherman, but maybe not.

Regardless, you’ll need these to avoid buggering up the screws:

IMG_8313.jpeg

There were a few sellers parting out leatherman knives on ebay a while back.
Thank you, I did some browsing and found a seller in Ukraine who had the part for $16. The photos on the listing were probably taken with a potato, but according to the description the item should arrive in good used condition :grin:

Regardless, you’ll need these to avoid buggering up the screws:
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely get these.

@Mauzinette ,

If it doesn't work out let me know. I believe I have the same one that I put aside when I upgraded to the the Wave model many years ago.
That old one has not been used and I think I even know where it is!

Brian

Thank you, I did some browsing and found a seller in Ukraine who had the part for $16. The photos on the listing were probably taken with a potato, but according to the description the item should arrive in good used condition :grin:

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely get these.
Amazon also has the wrenches (from the same Seller and others): prices may vary.

Good luck with the repair!

Back