[Metrology] Sherr-Tumico tubular micrometers

Snag_one

Banned -Abusive Behavior Towards Staff and Members
Registered
I scored an older unit complete with all the rods ...but they are not set correctly . The 1.5-2.5" is off by about .009" short of 1.5 when the thimble is zeroed . Looking into the end that goes into the head I see a setscrew . I think this is used to set the rod length but I want to be sure of procedure before I go reefing on it . The other question I have is about the "extended" setting . The head only has .500 of travel and there are 2 setscrew dimples in the mounting sleeves . When in the "long" dimple it's about .050" short . I suspect there must have been a .500 sleeve that set the proper length in the long position . Any help will be appreciated !

Pictures! They made several types of ID mikes, I bought a new set of 4 - 40", I know about that type, adjustment was made by loosening a tiny setscrew in a knurled sleeve that screwed onto the rod that carried the contact point, you just loosened the setscrew and adjusted the sleeve until it zeroed out while checking with an outside mike or other standard. Somewhere I have a catalog from back in the '60s.

Back