Router table designs ?

Here is the one I use. It has dust collection -- both from above the table top and from within the table enclosure -- a JessEm lift mechanism, and has drawer and cabinet storage.

The thing works pretty well, especially the dust collection system which gets an overwhelming amount of all that router dust.

View attachment 503765View attachment 503766View attachment 503767
take a piece of paper, turn your router on, put it near the top of your router motor (or in this case the bottom of it).. if it sucks the paper to the top of your motor, then you are starving your motor of air with your dust collection, also you are pulling the dust into the motor.

if you use it a lot you will pack the dust in and in my case I fouled the switches .. That's a nicely made router table. Was that a pic of when it was new?

take a piece of paper, turn your router on, put it near the top of your router motor (or in this case the bottom of it).. if it sucks the paper to the top of your motor, then you are starving your motor of air with your dust collection, also you are pulling the dust into the motor.

if you use it a lot you will pack the dust in and in my case I fouled the switches .. That's a nicely made router table. Was that a pic of when it was new?
Thanks. I've been using the table for 12 years and I took the photo this morning. My DeWalt router has been inside there the whole time, since on a routine basis I use my trim router and a cheap HFT full sized router (though it also doubles as a tool post grinder motor).

Thanks for your advice on potential harm to the router due to dust fouling the motor. Interestingly, just yesterday I removed the Dewalt from the JessEm for the first time and actually looked for dust. None to be found. I'll have to think through the fluid dynamics on why that is. There is no accumulation of dust or chips in either the fence ductwork or the router enclosure space after use.

Router Close Up.jpg

Last edited:
Back