Round groove on a cylinder?

javaduke

Registered
Registered
I'm trying to model a part which is essentially a cylinder and has a number of features at different angles. I stumbled upon what seemed to be an easiest task but I can't figure out how to do it. Suppose I have a cylinder chucked in a dividing head and rotate around the long axis. I need to come in with a square end mill at the offset (say, .10 from the center axis), plunge down, e.g. .125 and rotate 45 degrees. The result would be a groove around the long axis of the cylinder. Now I'm trying to model this in Fusion, I created a cylinder body, then a body that sized like an end mill and I'm trying to do the sweep - and Fusion gives me a generic error saying computation failed. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out the right way to do it. Please help!

I'm only partly familiar with Fusion, but can't you just do a "Revolve - Cut"? Just create a plane through the center of the part (encompassing the long axis), then, in sketch, draw the profile you want to remove and revolve cut.

I hope that makes sense.

GsT

Back