RF-30

Tuckerdog

Registered
Registered
Can anyone identify what the red handled lever is for on this mill.
It is a Rong Fu RF -30 but I have not found a picture or manual that shows it.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240823_110030.jpg
    20240823_110030.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240823_110020.jpg
    20240823_110020.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 62
I think it’s an early version of the powered downfeed. There is a little separate belt with a pulley at the top the second photo that is where the intermediate pulley is on my late version RF-30 and it looks like it’s only attached to the spindle pulley. There were few on the RF-30 with the powered downfeed made. I’ve only seen a few.

For tensioning the motor.

Attachments

• enco manual 1.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • RF-30.pdf
    766.5 KB · Views: 11
I think it’s an early version of the powered downfeed. There is a little separate belt with a pulley at the top the second photo that is where the intermediate pulley is on my late version RF-30 and it looks like it’s only attached to the spindle pulley. There were few on the RF-30 with the powered downfeed made. I’ve only seen a few.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
No, it connects to a cross shaft that goes into a rack and pinion on The other side. This machine has power down but that seems to be a 3 position dial and a friction knob

Nobody else wants to take a shot at identifying what this lever does? See the pic in the OP and help me out. I have looked at every picture and manual I can find and none of them show the exact same machine that I have and none mention an extra lever or gearbox.

At this point I think that you are left with taking it apart to figure out what it does.

Back