Presidential way oil?

Or you can just buy one 5 gal pail from amazon or zoro for about $150 shipped and have a lifetime supply of the good stuff.

Sell half to a friend if you don't need that much?
You are reading a thread about purchasing a 5 gallon pail of way oil for $130 shipped. Are you indicating the oil I bought is not the good stuff?

The Mobil Vactra 2 is $163 shipped.

On a side note, I noticed that the guys at the battleship Texas gun repair facility were using Royal Purple on the ways of their new little lathe. I kept telling them that they needed to get some way oil. They thought I was kidding and telling them that they needed to order whale oil.

I guess I'll use the $27 gallon of way oil which will last me till the nursing home and save the $103 for silly stuff like food and medicine.

I guess I'll use the $27 gallon of way oil which will last me till the nursing home and save the $103 for silly stuff like food and medicine.
It will take me a while to get to the nursing home so a 5 gallon pail is probably a good idea.

You are reading a thread about purchasing a 5 gallon pail of way oil for $130 shipped. Are you indicating the oil I bought is not the good stuff?

The Mobil Vactra 2 is $163 shipped.
Sorry should have been more specific. Your original preference (mine too) is for Vactra 2.

Amazon Vactra 2, 5 gal, $153 shipped.

We use an Amazon store card for all purchases from them because you get 5% all the time so $144.

That's either $30 or $28 a gallon for Vactra 2 if that's your preference. Way better than $60.

Last edited:
Sorry should have been more specific. Your original preference (mine too) is for Vactra 2.

Amazon Vactra 2, 5 gal, $153 shipped.

We use an Amazon store card for all purchases from them because you get 5% all the time so $144.

That's either $30 or $28 a gallon for Vactra 2 if that's your preference. Way better than $60.
That $153 with tax ends up $163 for me. The Presidential was $130 shipped including tax. I'm hoping the new stuff is good enough. I sure don't use it sparingly.

Vactra is $136 on Zoro with the 20% off code.
Mobil Vacuoline is a superior way oil in my opinion.

The oil arrived today. Looks and feels good. Hard to wipe off my fingers. I'll probably find a place for it on the shelf and break into the gallon of Vactra 2 still up there. I don't like not having plenty of commodities on the shelf.

This is the H and W machine Way Oil I ordered and the little pump I also got from them. Works OK, hard to load, seems a little thin, but its oil.

Attachments

• DSCN0988.JPG
    DSCN0988.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 5
Back