PM-940V CNC conversion

u2fletch

Registered
Registered
Finally got finished with electronics cabinet for the CNC conversion. Wanted all cabling done and motors running before I took apart mill.

PC running LinuxCNC. NEMA 34 stepper motors with optical encoders so I will get error if steps get missed.
Mesa 7i96S Ethernet board controls the stepper drivers.
The conversion kit was purchased from ArizonaCNCkits. Very nice set of hardware.

20240917_135044_resized.jpeg

Here is link to video of initial axis testing. The Z axis is not powered in this video. I manually drove the spindle down to do a test of X and Y axes.

Looks great. I did a CNC conversion on my PM-940V using the Arizona CNC kit as well. I used Clearpath servos and Acorn for the control.

Finally got finished with electronics cabinet for the CNC conversion. Wanted all cabling done and motors running before I took apart mill.

PC running LinuxCNC. NEMA 34 stepper motors with optical encoders so I will get error if steps get missed.
Mesa 7i96S Ethernet board controls the stepper drivers.
The conversion kit was purchased from ArizonaCNCkits. Very nice set of hardware.

View attachment 503012

Here is link to video of initial axis testing. The Z axis is not powered in this video. I manually drove the spindle down to do a test of X and Y axes.

Nice job. What year model is your machine?

Back