OldCarGuy’s Heaven here on Earth

OldCarGuy

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
IMG_5756.jpeg
IMG_5750.jpeg

The first full week of October in Hershey Pennsylvania sponsors the largest antique car event in the world. Started in 1955 and continues every year since. I’ve going for nearly 50 Years. A must see for any antique car enthusiast.

IMG_5750.jpeg

Right up the road . I used to go up to the Corvette swap meets in the past . :encourage: Neighbors go up multiple times a year , Carl owns " Dads Mustang Parts " . Nice looking Bird there . :encourage:

thanks for the reminder. I might go this year. I would like to bring my dog, it says they are allowed, but not in the car corral. Does that mean I don't get to see any cars?

Dogs are permitted providing they are leashed and their waste is picked up immediately. They are not allowed in the car corral or show car area.

thanks for the reminder. I might go this year. I would like to bring my dog, it says they are allowed, but not in the car corral. Does that mean I don't get to see any cars?

Dogs are permitted providing they are leashed and their waste is picked up immediately. They are not allowed in the car corral or show car area.
You are correct. I have my puppy during the day in the flea market are. After 5:00 in the car Carrol without being asked or denied entry.

Been perfect weather mid sixties and sunny. Not your normal Hershey weather.

Here’s a vise I could sink my teeth into. Asking $400.00 but would take offer.
IMG_5778_q898WdtGvQZ2WVfiT2XRyv.jpeg
1932 Buick for sale
IMG_5764.jpeg
IMG_5760.jpeg

Engine to the red 1957 T Bird
IMG_5757.jpeg

Now I can get tell excited about this beauty. It’s a 1903 Steven’s with a single cylinder engine with 6 1/2” bore and 7 1:2” stroke. It’s can run in the London to Btighten antique car run featuring cars older than 1904 and older in November. I’ll be in England to see 400 such cars compete to finish the run next month.

IMG_5782.jpeg

Picked up this Marvel up draft carburetor for my 1933 Buick. Cannot pass on it life finding hens teeth. This one missing some linkage and accelerator pump. But looks good I’m sure I have the spare parts in my stash. This carb only used a single year in the bigger models.
IMG_5785.jpeg

Picked up a Pair of rear hubcaps for my 1914 Cadillac when the axle broke a month ago it stripped the inside diameter thread. Where else would I find one other than Hershey Fall Meet. Walking down a tow I spotted them from 50’ away. Couldn’t leave without them.
IMG_5784.jpeg

Added this battery tender to my collection of three dozen. It’s 36 volts and will use it on my scissors lift.
IMG_5786.jpeg

Here’s a vise I could sink my teeth into. Asking $400.00 but would take offer.
Hell , I'll deliver that vise or a 6" Wilton to Hershey for that much ! :grin: What size is that ?

Beautiful vehicles.

I ran into this beauty last week... really well built. Owner did everything mechanical and had a local shop do the paint job.

Forgot to take photos of the engine bay with the flat head... but everything in there was pristine... Has an auto tranny, front disc brakes, etc.

Got his number to call him when we get back from vacation to learn more about it.

Ford-1.jpeg
Ford-2.jpeg
Ford-3.jpeg
Ford-4.jpeg

Hell , I'll deliver that vise or a 6" Wilton to Hershey for that much ! :grin: What size is that ?
It’s a Columbian 408 vise. 8” jaw width with 12” opening that wrights 210 pounds. Sold for $105.00 in 1950. Would equal $1,375.00 today.

Back