Old Furnas Drum Switch Restoration

rfdes

Active User
Registered
Hi -
I've just acquired an old Furnas drum switch that needs massive cosmetic restoring. I desire to recreate the silk screen labeling on the switch's mfg tag but I've had no luck finding one on the internet. The existing tag is in bad enough shape that I cannot make out much of the wording. Does anyone know of a repository of images that I might be able to browse? Possibly catalogs? Furnas used to be located in West Allis, WI so maybe this would somewhat date the switch.

I realize that this is a long shot but figured I would try anyway...
Thanks
Jim

Hey Jim,

If you can provide a part number or better a picture of the thing it might jog someone's memory!

-brino

Thanks for the responses. I took a couple of photos. Since I originally posted this request, I used a magnifying glass and was able to discern most of the tag. I've also created a faux tag showing what I know and don't know. Maybe someone will recognize the model number and then I can key on a specific image. At the end of the tag is the 'Style' of the switch and I can make out ?1.

So, does anyone recognize this?
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Sorry Jim, I though mine was very close, but it turned out to be a "Square-D" brand switch.

-brino

I have one.
You will have to wait until mid Oct.
I am on vacation currently in Oregon

I have one.
You will have to wait until mid Oct.
I am on vacation currently in Oregon

Any chance you can recall what the HP rating was on these switches? Am I correct that the style is 'R1'?

thanks -
Jim

Back