New TouchDRO Build (2024-10-01) in Beta

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hi folks,
I just published a new TouchDRO build to the beta track. This one consists mostly of internal tweaks and bug fixes, but there are two visible changes as well.
First of all, I reworked the tool offset memory (again). The main change is that tool offsets can now be applied and cancelled from the main screen. The right panel now has two tabs - sub-datum list, and tool offsets.

main_screen.png

Tapping a tool offset applies it to all axes (x,y, and z on a mill, x and z on a lathe). Tapping it again clears the offsets. This might be "more convenient" on a mill, but on a lathe this is a much better way to deal with tool offsets. Basically this way you can apply tool offsets with a single click, as opposed to three.

Second change is the addition of a new function that creates an equidistant hole array between two points.

hole_array.png

I'm going to let this sit in Beta for a few weeks. There are a few gnarly changes in the guts (Google now forces developers to be on the latest build, so I had to jump two Android version targets). If testing goes well, it will be in production in mid-October.

Regards
Yuriy

P.S. I know that today is 9/30. Google play store got stuck and not I can't call things 09/30, since there is a release with this name somewhere in their DB...

When I use the new linear division function, I only get x & y positions (no z) like in the screenshot above. I am using the plus version

When I use the new linear division function, I only get x & y positions (no z) like in the screenshot above. I am using the plus version
DO you have the "2D" mode turned on on the sub-datum panel?

Back