Macy's 4th of July Fireworks SUCKS!

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
So ******, we had storms come through here. So we're indoors, tried to watch the Fireworks .
It's more about the music than the fireworks. So little of the fireworks, and much more about the performers.

It's a waste of time. I like the report from the fireworks, you can't here any of it.

:burned up::burned up:

Perfect weather here. Culdesac was filled with neighbors taking turns making noise.

Local fireworks here is pretty good. Typically a solid 25 minute show with a great finale. We sit behind the stadium in lawn chairs for an unobstructed view. We sit so close we get the smoke and the rain of shell fragments coming down. The sound and booms shake the soul and the display is a pleasure to see. A whole 6 minutes from home. We walk there and back.
Been that way for 36 years here.

Only display that I've experienced that exceeded it was July 4, 1976 in Boston at the Esplanade with Arthur Fielder and the Boston Pops playing the 1812 Overture, with the church bells ringing and the 105mm howitzer firing and the fireworks going off on the Charles River. That was truly amazing.

I've never seen the 4th July fireworks but the absolute most amazing firework display I ever saw was the World Fireworks Competition held in the Philippines a few years ago.
I have never seen anything to compare with it since.
Fireworks producing giant smiley faces and other shapes never seen before or since.

Fireworks here got cancelled; high heat very low, humidity, dry vegetation, windy: not worth the chance of a major fire, I agree, maybe next time ----

I've never seen the 4th July fireworks but the absolute most amazing firework display I ever saw was the World Fireworks Competition held in the Philippines a few years ago.
I have never seen anything to compare with it since.
Fireworks producing giant smiley faces and other shapes never seen before or since.

Any major city here will have spectacular fireworks.

We went to the fireworks last night at a small lakefront community and they were really great.

The mosquitos though…dang we haven’t been swarmed like that in a long time! Still itching!

Went out fishing on the lake today and didn’t get swarmed once. Nice steady breeze all day but man did I get sunburned. Three of us caught probably a dozen smallies. My brother landed a couple of 4 lb but didn’t top his personal best!

So far been a good July 4th weekend with no rain. We don’t always get that up here in Vermont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went to the fireworks last night at a small lakefront community and they were really great.

The mosquitos though…dang we haven’t been swarmed like that in a long time! Still itching!

Went out fishing on the lake today and didn’t get swarmed once. Nice steady breeze all day but man did I get sunburned. Three of us caught probably a dozen smallies. My brother landed a couple of 4 lb but didn’t top his personal best!

So far been a good July 4th weekend with no rain. We don’t always get that up here in Vermont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So if you don't like sunscreen like I don't... give a sun screen jacket a try. I have one I bought years ago for Model flying since competing was an all day thing. I never wore it back then, but I tried it during volleyball and was really surprised at how much cooler I was from the lack of sun burning me all day. I turn golden brown during the summer.. so not light, not dark.

I started wearing it while mowing at times. You would think any jacket would do, but I think the weave is tighter, and there's venting in lots of places under flaps.

I don't wear it all the time, but it is pretty cool how well it works at keeping you comfortable.

Just an FYI

I haven’t watched fireworks in a decade. Not really a fan of loud noises and bright flashes of light. Lol

Back