Looking for a small shaper

MERLIncMan

Registered
Registered
Some kind of benchtop model - Atlas, Ammoco, Southbend - something I've never heard of?
I'm in Colorado - it's sad out here.
I saw some stuff on Shoppoko, but that site is garbage (ad has no date on it, might be years old, seller wants me to call but no phone number???)
I even saw an ad on Shoppoko for both an Atlas 7" shaper and an Atlas Horizontal mill for $3K outside of OKC - but that site is so bad I wonder if they want to actually sell stuff, or just LARP as though they were going to sell stuff! I'd have gone into debt for that deal...

Anywho - I'm looking for a benchtop shaper.

Got a brother's cousin's uncle's son's nephew's former room-mate who has one for sale somewhere near the Rocky Mountains?

Hope so :(

Thanks!

Home hobby machinist buy sell trade page on FB usually has a good selection.
Not sure of location, as I am not in the market for a shaper.

Home hobby machinist buy sell trade page on FB usually has a good selection.
Not sure of location, as I am not in the market for a shaper.
While I very much appreciate the thought, Facebook is the devil, and thusly I avoid it.

A different thought though, I did see something promising near Buffalo in Lockport NY. (in case the CL ad that I paste now doesn't show for some rule I cannot remember).

1 each: Atlas mill, lathe, and shaper with tooling for $3500.00.

If I had a friend in PA to go do the lifting, crating, and negotiations with Fastenal for LTL freight....

CL ad that may or may not post:

While I very much appreciate the thought, Facebook is the devil, and thusly I avoid it.

A different thought though, I did see something promising near Buffalo in Lockport NY. (in case the CL ad that I paste now doesn't show for some rule I cannot remember).

1 each: Atlas mill, lathe, and shaper with tooling for $3500.00.

If I had a friend in PA to go do the lifting, crating, and negotiations with Fastenal for LTL freight....

CL ad that may or may not post:

That is about 3.5 to 4 hrs from me.

South Bend and Ammoco are quite a cut above the Atlas. I got a good look at both in high school machine shop class, they never got used, as there was also a 16" Smith & Mills shaper.

AEEF1AD2-769E-413F-8AC0-D1FFD579AF36.jpeg

That hex bolt in the tool post is just plain cheesy, otherwise, it looks nice.

Back