Just another tool box project.

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Bought this today and will do a resto on it. Kennedy of any kind is worth the $30 I paid for it. This is a smaller one and would be called an end box if it were attached to the larger Kennedy roll arounds. I wanted it because it is small and also has lots of small drawers. I'll take my $25 and $30 dollar resto Kennedys any day over the more attractive US General and Snap On boxes. I have a Snap-On road box that was made in the early 60's like 61 or 62. Empty it is over 120 lbs and it is just a top box not a roll around. Old tool boxes for Old machines. Just what I like.

First application of the Citrus Strip and pressure washed it off. Sure beats the old putty knife and scraper method. I put the second application of stripper on it and pressure washed it again and it is clean as an unpainted new one now. Tomorrow I will do a little sanding so the paint has something to grip and spray some metal prep and maybe put the first coat of Rustoleum Hammer tone Black paint on it. I have decided to just use the black because it does not require primer.

Back