I finally found some success with TIG!

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
For me, learning how to TIG weld has been very challenging.
I practice a few times a month just to stay fresh.
The pic shows ER308L stainless, silicon bronze and ER70S.

Aluminum is still a ways off :) I do struggle with that silver stuff.
I have a Miller 220 AC/DC TIG, Mig, stick.
Sweet machine for my needs.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpeg
    IMG_0480.jpeg
    616.9 KB · Views: 50
Looking good Jeff.
I'm very right hand dominant and I get better results (dip less often) when I feed the rod with my right hand.

Looking good. As with most things, to be on top of your game all the time, you need to practice/ use often. Tig welding is IMO 10% knowledge of procedure, 90% physical action. Your mind might forever easily remember how to do it, but physically your muscles will forget/ or not move the way you want if you only do it once a month.

I heard a story the other day on the radio that made sense. It was a music teacher that wanted their students to practice 3 hours a week. She said the students would get better if they consistently did 20 minutes a day, vs waiting til Saturday and do 3 hours at once.

The radio host put it this way. You can’t eat junk food all week, then have a salad on Saturday, and then expect to lose weight, be healthy ( whatever your goal might be). It would be much better to eat a bit healthier every day, limiting the snack to appropriate amounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice I just added a pulse to my 250DX. My welding is problematic, I don't get enough practice.
I have discovered pulse as well. It’s pretty good as a tempo guide and it keeps the heat down when required on thin stuff.

I have an older 250 syncrowave and was running beads every night for months on stainless ali and mild steel , didn't seem to improve much until I started actually welding real projects mostly out of position, and who new ! Something clicked I can tig and love it!

Back