Hydraulic Quick Connect fittings for Harbor Freight Ram

foleda

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know of a source for the hydraulic couplers used by Harbor Freight on their 10 ton and 4 ton hydraulic ram kits? As you can see from the photo they resemble Enerpac C604 fittings but are smaller. The male thread is 20.4mm OD and 1.25mm pitch. The cylindrical nose is 9.98mm OD.

I have recently picked up a couple of short (3") cylinders that I would like to use with my current 10 ton kit. I need a couple of female fittings (mates for the male fitting shown in the photo) for them and I also scored an Enerpac hand pump that has no coupler at the end of the hose (just 1/4 NPT) so I could use a male coupler to use it with the rest of my kit. If I can find them cheap enough I may build a manifold so that I can use both cylinders in tandem with one pump.

They are not available from Harbor Freight and my Google-fu has failed me.

Attachments

• harborfreight-hydraulic-coupler.jpg
    harborfreight-hydraulic-coupler.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
You might need an adapter to connect the quick coupler coupler to the pump

Maybe look here

Maybe look here
I saw those but they have a plug tip diameter of 5/8", the HF ones are just a skoosh less than 10mm. I could not find anything smaller at MMC.

I have found similar looking fittings at several sites but they all seem to be the larger C604/Parker 3000/ISO 14540 size. Often the actual dimensions are not given so I'll have to make some calls next week.

I would take them to your local auto parts store that still makes hydraulic hoses and see if they know.

Does anyone know of a source for the hydraulic couplers used by Harbor Freight on their 10 ton and 4 ton hydraulic ram kits? As you can see from the photo they resemble Enerpac C604 fittings but are smaller. The male thread is 20.4mm OD and 1.25mm pitch. The cylindrical nose is 9.98mm OD.

I have recently picked up a couple of short (3") cylinders that I would like to use with my current 10 ton kit. I need a couple of female fittings (mates for the male fitting shown in the photo) for them and I also scored an Enerpac hand pump that has no coupler at the end of the hose (just 1/4 NPT) so I could use a male coupler to use it with the rest of my kit. If I can find them cheap enough I may build a manifold so that I can use both cylinders in tandem with one pump.

They are not available from Harbor Freight and my Google-fu has failed me.

I hope your measurements are not exactly correct.
If they are exactly accurate, I don't know where to find the couplers. Also, it would be one more example of being screwed by cheap imports.

However, If the thread is actually 13/16-20 UNEF (20.64mm-1.27mm) I may be able to help.
I don't know the tip diameter of the male fitting (I'm away from home) so I can't compare.

The 13/16-20 coupler set can be purchased from Shinn Fu America (888-332-6419). They are the current (I think) owners of Blackhawk and Porto-Power brands. The info below is from a 2014 catalog and I don't find it in their current Porto-Power catalog on-line.
The coupler part numbers are: Hose Half = B69478, Ram Half = B69477. The pair are called "Porto-Power Coupler" according to the catalog I have.

1623458231728.png

Lots of B69477s on eBay but only one lousy picture of a B69478.

I hope your measurements are not exactly correct.
If they are exactly accurate, I don't know where to find the couplers. Also, it would be one more example of being screwed by cheap imports.

However, If the thread is actually 13/16-20 UNEF (20.64mm-1.27mm) I may be able to help.
I don't know the tip diameter of the male fitting (I'm away from home) so I can't compare.

The 13/16-20 coupler set can be purchased from Shinn Fu America (888-332-6419). They are the current (I think) owners of Blackhawk and Porto-Power brands. The info below is from a 2014 catalog and I don't find it in their current Porto-Power catalog on-line.
The coupler part numbers are: Hose Half = B69478, Ram Half = B69477. The pair are called "Porto-Power Coupler" according to the catalog I have.

View attachment 368934
This looks like it may be it. I measured the pitch diameter at 0.7717 inch, which is a little less than the 0.7800 Machinery's Handbook gives
for a 13/16-20, probably close enough for Chinese QC.

With a part number I find numerous sources. None of the ones I have checked so far give a dimension for the plug so i'll have to wait until Monday to call and confirm the 10 mm dimension.

Thanks for the help.

What did you find out? I have been searching for HF connectors for years, without any luck. I have too many parts, hoses, and pumps to reasonably replace all of the connectors with one of the readily available standards, especially at $25/set. The only recourse I have is to swap connectors between existing tools. I just bought a killer hydraulic metal punch, and need to connect it to one of my pumps and have once again failed to find an aftermarket connector that fits the HF connectors. Do they have the things custom made for them only?

I still don't know why you can't buy the connectors at Harbor Freight. It's like they hate their customers and like to see them suffer. A few years ago I found a bunch of hydraulic extension hoses on their closeout bench for ridiculously low prices. Like a couple of bucks each, with male couplers on both ends. I bought all they had. The thing is, I still need the female ends to use them. They make terrible extensions without a female on one end. That's probably why they closed them out.

BTW, I don't think anybody posts the dimensions of the tip on a male coupler. If they do, I haven't seen it. I was down to downloading some manufacturer's 3D STEP files and loading them into Fusion 360 to find out the dimensions. That's almost as lame as Harbor Freight not selling connectors. It's a love/hate relationship.

I finally got back to this project. I ordered a B69477 and it does mate with the pump from my Harbor Freight kit.

Back