Hurco SM1 Mill

dhoppe1

Registered
Registered
I am looking at a Hurco SM1 mill for my first mill. The CNC stepper motors and electronics have been removed and everything has been converted to manual except for the Quill. They just raise the table to drill. Does anyone know if there is a way to add a handle like I see on other mills? I don't have a diagram of head of the mill and it is something I would have to make a 6 hour drive to go and see. Anyone know where I could get a diagram of the head to see how things work?

It has a Kwik connect 200 system. How much more expensive will it be to get tooling for this as opposed to something more standard like a R8 spindle?

Thanks

I picked up a Hurco a few months ago in the same condition. I dont know what model it is but you can see a picture in OTHER BRANDS OF MILLING & DRILLING MACHINES. I did make it so I can use the quill with a handel I put on it.I'll try to get some pictures.

Thank you very much Rob. Any pictures you can supply would be greatly appreciated.

Derrick

No problem but cant get them until tomorrow.

Derrick, I cant get the pictures to load on the web site. If you PM me your e-mail address I can send them to you. Rob

I sent these pictures to Derrick A while back but I got pictures to load today and thought maybe someone else might want to see them.

DSC09177.JPG DSC09174.JPG

Back