How do you set X or Y or Z to be something other that Zero?

Dataporter

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Let's say I locate the edge of a part and I want to move 100mm while doing an operation. I know how to set the edge to zero, but can I set the edge to be 100 or -100 and then move to zero? IMO it's easier to approach 0 then 100. Then I can take advantage to the beeps as I approach zero, etc.

Obviously, I can set the edge to zero, move the 100mm and set that to zero, and move back to 100 or -100, but that is more steps... Thanks in advance Dave

Last edited:
Let's say I locate the edge of a part and I want to move 100mm while doing an operation. I know how to set the edge to zero, but can I set the edge to be 100 or -100 and then move to zero? IMO it's easier to approach 0 then 100. Then I can take advantage to the beeps as I approach zero, etc.

Obviously, I can set the edge to zero, move the 100mm and set that to zero, and move back to 100 or -100, but that is more steps... Thanks in advance Dave
Once you are centered over the edge (or other feature), tap the Axis value you want to change (0.011, in this case for the X-Axis), then use the keypad to change the value:

Screenshot_20240923-124549.png

Hey @ycroosh This isn't the keypad I used to see - is this something that is now different on Fire Tablets (both of mine show it): it looks like the Fire is defaulting to the dialing keypad instead of TouchDRO's? It works, but can only add & subtract. I checked and this pad comes up for everything except the Hole Grid function, which has what I was expecting:

Hole Grid Keypad.png

Fire HD10, Fire OS 7.3.3.0 checked 9/22/24, TouchDRO v 3.24.06 Build 2024-06-18 (HD 8's doing the same thing).

Oh boy, that's too easy... I would have sworn I tried that! Thanks so much!
The user manual for the app is very incomplete, but it does cover the basic and some common functions in decent detail. I recommend that you at least skim it. There is a lot of functionality that you won't just stumble upon until you go looking for it.
Also, watch this video:
It will at least get you started...

Back